de Duve Institute
The de Duve Institute deals with personal data in accordance with the relevant legislation and Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)).
The controller is the de Duve Institute, with headquarters at 1200 Brussels, Avenue Hippocrates 75.
The Institute processes personal data, where appropriate, for:
• personnel management,
• personnel administration,
• biomedical and scientific research,
• the collection of donations.
Personal data shall be stored for a period of time in accordance with the legal provisions or in accordance with the purposes for which they were collected.
For the recruitment and selection of personnel, the Institute implements the same good practices as UCLouvain (click here for more information - French only). We may store a candidate’s application in a central database for two years, unless we receive a written request by an individual to delete his/her personal record. These records enable us to search for candidates with specific profiles or skills, should we have specific recruitment needs in the future.
The Institute's employees have access to the data to the strictest extent necessary to carry out their mission. People with access are subject to a confidentiality obligation. Some subcontractors as well as judicial or administrative authorities may also have access to certain personal data. The Institute ensures that these subcontractors comply with applicable data protection legislation and has closed confidentiality agreements with them. The data is not communicated or sold to third parties.
As controller, and in accordance with the applicable legal provisions, the de Duve Institute has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data, including:
• the appointment of a data protection officer,
• awareness of the confidentiality requirements among our employees who have to access your personal data,
• securing access to our premises and our IT platforms,
• securing access, sharing and transfer of data.
Personal data of donors
We process the personal data of donors on grounds of the legitimate interests of the Institute and with the following purposes:
• to thank and maintain the relationship with donors and sympathizers,
• keep donors and sympathizers informed of the research and future needs,
• invite donors and sympathizers to events organized for the benefit of the Institute or to make new contributions,
• inform donors and sympathizers of the Institute's activities, such as laboratory visits,
• improve the service to donors.
This involves, where applicable, the following data:
• personal identification data (name, title, home address),
• financial data (bank account number, donation history),
• contact data (e-mail address, phone number).
We have your personal data:
• if you have made a donation to our institute in the past,
• if you have shown interest in the actions and activities of the Institute (for example during an event),
• if you have expressed interest in our institute at a partner organization.
The data are kept for a period necessary for the purposes of the Institute or until the explicit request for termination by the persons concerned.
The public disclosure of a donor's personal data (for example to thank him on the website or to mention him in a publication) will take place only after the explicit consent of the donor concerned.
Visitors to our website can make a donation. Data from the donation form is recorded and used to inform the donor about the activities of the Institute (for example by sending the newsletter and invitations for the gala evening and laboratory visits). If you no longer wish to receive this information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors to our website can subscribe to the newsletter. The data from the registration form are saved and used only for sending the newsletter and invitations. If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, please send an email to email@example.com.
In accordance with the general data protection regulation, you can access your personal data, as collected and processed by the Institute de Duve, and, if necessary, ask for the modification or deletion. To exercise these rights, please contact us by e-mail (Francisca.Voermans@uclouvain.be) or by post (de Duve Institute, Francisca Voermans, B1.74.04, Avenue Hippocrate 75, 1200 Brussels, Belgium), being as precise as possible as to the subject of your request.